Fire Lyte, of the Inciting a Riot Podcast and Blog, has started a marvelous new project that is weaving it’s way through the Pagan Internet! Project Pagan Enough seeks to encourage tolerance and build community within the Pagan movement.
So, Project Pagan Enough is a movement, a cause, a Harmonious Riot that includes bloggers, podcasters, pagans, non-pagans, me, you, and the whole pagan community. It is my hope that the Project Pagan Enough logo becomes a beacon of progress and change for those of us living a magical life. By putting the Project Pagan Enough icon on your podcast’s site, blog, or other website, you’re making a set of promises:
- You are pagan enough, despite how you look, act, smell, dress, believe, or are.
- You recognize that others are pagan enough despite their appearance, smell, manner of dress, belief, practice, or other aspect.
- You recognize that you can have an academic debate on the finer points of belief or practice, but that it does not take away from someone else’s level of being pagan.
- You welcome, befriend, and encourage others in the pagan community despite their appearance, dress, or other physical or superficial characteristic.
- You promise to treat members of other faiths, despite the faith, with honest-to-goodness fairness, equality, and grace, not judging them or their faith based on the actions of fringe members of their same faith.Like the points of the pentacle, these 5 tenets of Project Pagan Enough work together and will, I hope, launch our community into a new era of tolerance, love, and all of the qualities we like to think we have.You may copy the Project Pagan Enough logo for your own website – below – but please make sure to link back to this page to allow others to know what promise you’ve made to the community at large.